11/23/10 Sergeant Chad Larsh from the Bremen State Police Post has announced that a sobriety checkpoint will be held in Marshall County. The checkpoint will start during the evening hours of Wednesday, November 24th, 2010.
Motorists are asked to have their driver’s license and vehicle registration available when entering the checkpoint. This will help minimize the amount of time spent at the checkpoint. Motorists can expect short delays of only two to three minutes.
The Bremen Post serves Elkhart, St. Joseph, Marshall, and Kosciusko Counties. After the checkpoint troopers will be conducting saturation patrols looking for impaired drivers in the area.
A FEW PRECAUTIONS:
- Plan ahead and always choose someone to be the designated driver.
- Don’t get behind the wheel of a vehicle if you’ve been consuming alcoholic beverages.
- If you are impaired, please call a taxi or call a sober friend or family member to come and get you.
- If you are hosting a party, always offer alcohol-free beverages, and make sure that all of your guests leave with a sober driver.
- Remember, Friends Don’t Let Friends Drive Drunk. Take the keys and never let a friend leave your sight if you think that they are about to drive while impaired.