Member Login

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Wall Furnace Causes Fire

November 14, 2010
By

11/15/10 Traffic on West Jefferson Street was detoured for an hour early Saturday for a house fire.

Plymouth firefighters were called to the single story home at 800 West Jefferson Street.  The property is deeded to Steven Eckard and is occupied by Justin Haines.

A 9-1-1 call at 4:17 Saturday morning sent emergency workers to the scene.

The fire started in a wall furnace and spread around the interface of the exhaust pipe to the chimney.  The home had no smoke detector but the occupants woke up to the smell of smoke and got out safely.  Firefighters gave the occupant a free smoke detector.    Firefighters were on the scene until 5:31 a.m.

WordPress Plugin Share Bookmark Email

Tags: , ,