Member Login

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

3 Fire Departments Battle Blaze on 9th Road

May 1, 2011
By

05/02/11 Firefighters from three departments responded to a structure fire Sunday evening on 9th Road.

A 9-1-1 call to the Marshall County Dispatch Center sent Plymouth, Polk and LaPaz fire departments to the home of Richard and Karen Markley at 17250 9th Road at 5:10 p.m.  The caller said the attached garage was totally engulfed.  As fire crews arrived on the scene flames were shooting through the roof of the garage.

Plymouth Fire Chief Andy Metsker said the fire has been ruled accidental. Richard was working in the garage and accidentally spilled gasoline.  An LP heater in the garage still had a pilot light on and ignited the fuel causing the fire to spread rapidly.

The flames totally demolished the attached garage and the fire spread into the roof space over the kitchen area.  Much of the home sustained smoke and heat damage.

Firefighters were on the scene for more than two hours and no injuries were reported.

WordPress Plugin Share Bookmark Email

Tags: , ,