01/04/11 Mayor Senter’s Office announced today that Matthew C. Greller, Executive Director of the Indiana Association of Cities and Towns has appointed Plymouth City Attorney E. Nelson Chipman, Jr. as a member to the 2011 IACT Legislative Committee. The committee will be chaired by Mayor Jason Thompson of Monticello and co-chaired by Mayor Greg Goodnight of Kokomo.
In his letter of appointment, Greller detailed the committee’s primary duties to include:
● Review legislative proposals from the IACT membership and staff;
● Design legislation in response to policies and resolutions adopted at the IACT Annual Conference;
● Provide testimony and other legislative representation and support activities on behalf of IACT;
● Act as spokespersons and communicators with media, membership and other groups on legislative matters;
● Monitor and review legislative developments during the General Assembly and interim study period;
● Maintain communication with House and Senate members as IACT issues develop;
● Review and recommend policy resolutions for consideration at the IACT Annual Conference.
The committee meets approximately six to eight times per year.
In accepting the appointment, Chipman stated he was honored and would work hard on issues important to cities and towns throughout Indiana.