06/15/11 The following students from Marshall County and the surrounding area graduated from Culver Academies. Those students graduating Cum Laude and/or with academic honors are designated. Those students participating in the English Speaking Union program will spend a post-graduate year studying at a boarding school in the United Kingdom before attending college.
- Brianna Bennett, Culver, Indiana University South Bend
- Alexander Burke, Plymouth, Indiana University
- Andrea Canacci, Culver, English Speaking Union/St. Mary’s College
- Alexis Christlieb, Culver, George Washington University
- Jonathon Daniel, South Bend, (Cum Laude), Purdue University
- Andrew Dobbins, Culver, St. John’s College
- Jarrod Drake, Culver, Gordon College
- Andrew Eiler, Rochester, Butler University
- Laura Freymiller, Culver, (Honors in Humanities, Cum Laude), Carleton College
- Morgan Garrison, Plymouth, Sweet Briar College
- Tenley Gillett, Culver, Massachusetts Maritime Academy
- Anna Haldewang, Syracuse, Savannah College of Art & Design
- Alex Haygood, South Bend, play junior hockey then attend Bowling Green State University
- Lillian Hogan, Plymouth, (Honors in Equine Science) Purdue University
- Jerald Howard, Winamac, Valparaiso University
- Timothy Jeffirs, Argos, University of Rochester
- Luke Kucera, Plymouth, play junior hockey then attend Rochester Institute of Technology
- Bethanni Lewis, Culver, Earlham College
- Amanda Master, Argos, (Cum Laude), Valparaiso University
- Robert McKinnis, Culver, English Speaking Union/Indiana University
- Rebecca Nash, Culver (Honors in French) English Speaking Union/Indiana University
- Trent Sanders, Winamac, Indiana University
- Riley Scott, Culver, (Honors in Dance, Cum Laude), University of Southern California
- Zachary Sheldon, Culver, Ball State University
- Kylee Shipley, Culver, Ashland University
- Keaton Smith, Culver, Indiana University South Bend
- Skyler Strycker, South Bend, Indiana University
- Clancy Tripp, South Bend, Claremont McKenna College
- Christian Tulungen, Culver, College of Wooster
- James Whippo, Lakeville, Virginia Military Institute
A total of 203 students representing 25 states, 10 countries, and the U.S. Virgin Islands graduated from the Academies.
About Culver Academies
Located on Lake Maxinkuckee in Culver, Ind., Culver Academies is a boarding school offering a college-preparatory curriculum for boys and girls in grades nine through 12.
Annually, Culver has an enrollment of 790 students representing more than 37 states and 27 countries. Approximately 21 percent of the students are international, coming from such countries as Canada, China, Ecuador, Germany, Korea, Croatia, Lithuania, Mexico, and Taiwan.
Culver’s mission is to educate its students for leadership and responsible citizenship by developing and nurturing the whole individual through integrated programs that emphasize the cultivation of character.
Founded in 1894, the boys’ school, Culver Military Academy, is based upon a military-type system used to teach self-discipline, responsibility, and leadership. Culver Girls Academy, founded in 1971, and is based upon the prefect system, with girls practicing democratic, self-rule to achieve similar values.
The Academies and the six-week Culver Summer Schools & Camps, with an enrollment of 1,400 for boys and girls ages 9-17, operate on the same 1,800-acre campus in Marshall County in north-central Indiana.