11/21/11 Thursday, Congressman Joe Donnelly announced that his office will host a Foreclosure Assistance Workshop on Monday, November 21st to provide constituents who are struggling to keep their homes with information and tips on navigating the foreclosure process. The event will also provide attendees with the opportunity to begin working on a modification that night and meet with housing counselors and loss mitigation specialists from the following lenders: Wells Fargo, Bank of America, and Chase.
“Homeownership has long been a cornerstone of the American Dream,” said Donnelly. “Our families and communities are stronger if people are able to stay in their homes. That’s why I decided to convene a group of housing counselors in South Bend on Monday evening. They will be available to our friends and neighbors to provide whatever help they can.”
The Foreclosure Assistance Workshop Hosted by Congressman Donnelly’s Office will be held Monday, November 21st from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST in the Main Library – Lower Level in South Bend at 304 South Main Street.
To make the most of the expertise available, attendees should bring the following information:
- Hardship letter (a written explanation of what has caused them to fall behind on their mortgage),
- Last two months’ bank statements,
- Last two pay stubs from their most recent employer,
- Copies of their 2009 and 2010 tax returns,
- Any notifications they have received regarding their mortgage account delinquency or possible foreclosure, and
- Any other relevant documentation.