Member Login

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Family of 7 Burned-out in Fire on Saturday

July 13, 2011
By

07/14/11 On  Saturday afternoon about 3 p.m. the Plymouth Fire Department was called to a mobile home in the Northgate Trailer Park behind Advance Auto on North Michigan Street.  The home of John and Melinda was totally engulfed when firefighters arrived on the scene.

Plymouth volunteer firefighters battled the blaze for nearly two hours but the home was a total loss.  Mrs. Bush said that they suspect the cause of the fire was faulty wiring.

The American Red Cross was called in to assist the family that includes John and Melinda Bush and five children ages 6 months to 15.  The family lost everything in the fire.  Many of their neighbors have offered to help housing many of the family members separately and providing clothing.  The Red Cross was able to secure some food for the family and the Trustee and a local church have stepped up to help.  The Marshall County Neighborhood Center is working directly with the family to help secure housing and is accepting monetary donations for the family.  A board member from the Center explained that the family is in direr need of help from the community. 

Their primary need is housing and the family hopes that someone would pay for motel rooms after their current rooms run out.  They are currently at Super 8 and need two rooms because of the number of family members.

When housing is secured they will need everything from furniture to appliances, bedding, and cookware and dishes.   Anyone wishing to help can contact their neighbor at 936-7002.

WordPress Plugin Share Bookmark Email

Tags: , ,