Houin said, “I want to serve on the Plymouth Common Council because I care deeply about the quality of life in the City. I was born and raised in Plymouth and my family has deep ties to the community. Now, as a husband and father of four young children, I have a vested interest in the City’s future. Alinda and I made a conscious decision several years ago to return to Plymouth because this is where we want to raise our children. After law school, I was once again faced with opportunities to leave Plymouth, but we again decided that we want to stay here. Plymouth is home, and as a member of the City Council I can help make it even better.
As an attorney specializing in real estate litigation, I negotiate with individuals and homeowners to try to resolve their problems. To find compromise, one must understand both sides of every issue and know what one can give up in order to get what is really important. I use these skills every day, and I also teach them to students on the Plymouth High School Speech and Debate Team.
I began developing management skills early in my career as a Retail Manager for Radio Shack and RadioShack.com. After law school I operated my own law office, and I now manage the South Bend office of Doyle Legal Corporation, P.C. I know how to lead, how to develop a budget, how to set goals, and how to guide people and organizations toward achieving those goals.
With these skills and experience, I know I can make a positive impact on the future of Plymouth by serving on the Common Council. In the meantime, I look forward to meeting more of my neighbors in District 1, and I hope you will share with me your ideas and concerns about our City’s future.
· Plymouth High School, class of 1996
· Ball State University, B.A., 2000
· Leadership Marshall County, class X
· Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2008
· Currently Managing Attorney for the South Bend office of Doyle Legal Corporation, P.C.
· Speech and Debate coach at Plymouth High School
· Vice-President of the Executive Board for the Plymouth Community Youth Orchestra
· Former advertising representative for the Pilot News
· Former retail manager for Radio Shack and RadioShack.com
Carol Anders Correspondent