Member Login

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

House Fire on Nutmeg Ridge

November 9, 2011
By

11/10/11 Members of the Plymouth Volunteer Fire Department were dispatched to 13010 Nutmeg Ridge Wednesday evening about 6:20 for a structure fire.

The homeowners, Dave and Michelle Tanner were not at home when the fire started but arrived home and found a small fire in the basement area of the home and call the fire department.

Fire Chief Andy Metsker, who lived in the same subdivision was first to arrive on the scene and made sure everyone was out of the home.  He confirmed the fire, noting smoke was coming from the home when he arrived on scene.

Fire fighters arrived on the scene and located a smoldering pile of laundry in the basement’s utility room.  Chief Metsker believes the heat from a halogen lamp left on in the laundry area ignited material and started the blaze.  The heat from the flames melted a PVC pipe from the water heated allowing the water from the water heater to extinguish the majority of the fire.

The Chief said the home sustained smoke damage to several rooms and the family would not be able to stay in the structure over night.

WordPress Plugin Share Bookmark Email

Tags: , ,