11/22/11 A visitor’s kiosk with information on the history of the Lincoln Highway in Plymouth was dedicated this Saturday on East Jefferson Street. Approximately thirty people attended the event. This is the third kiosk placed by the Indiana Chapter of the Lincoln Highway Association. A fourth kiosk is planned in LaPorte in 2012. The kiosk was made possible by a $3250 grant from the Marshall County Community Foundation and a $1250 grant from the Lincoln Highway Association. The Plymouth Board of Works approved the project early in 2011.
From left to right are Mayor Senter, Louise Mason (President, Marshall County Community Foundation), Kurt Garner (President, Wythougan Preservation and project coordinator), Jeff Blair (National Lincoln Highway Association), Jan Shupert-Arick (President, Indiana Lincoln Highway Association), Linda Rippy (Director, Marshall County Museum), Dr. Ron Liechty (President, Marshall County Historical Society), and Mike Woolfington (Director, Marshall County Convention & Visitor’s Bureau).