05/18/11Â Oliver Ford is bringing Ford Motor Companyâ€™s innovative Drive One 4 UR School program to the Plymouth community in an effort to raise up to $6,000 for Plymouth High School Â For every person who test-drives a Ford or Lincoln vehicle at the parking lot at Plymouth High School on Saturday, May 21st, Oliver Ford Â and Ford Motor Company will donate $20 to PHS Music Boosters.
â€śWe know how important extracurricular activities are to our high school students, and as part of this community, we want to help,â€ť said Jennifer Oliver Houin at Oliver Ford.Â This is why weâ€™re excited to raise money for the PHS Music Boosters, while introducing parents, teenagers and other drivers to our high-quality lineup and innovative safety technologies.â€ť The event, which will be held from 9AM to 2PM, will feature the Ford Explorer, Focus, Fiesta, Edge, F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKX, MKZ, MKT and other available models
Since the start of Fordâ€™s Drive One 4 UR School program in 2007, more than 275,000 test-drives at more than 1,500 events have generated over $5 million in donations for high schools nationwide. Locally, Oliver Ford has participated in Fordâ€™s Drive One 4 UR School program for 5 years and raised over $30,000 for Plymouth High School
This year, the Olivers have also donated an IPad for the Boosters to raffle off to raise even more money for the Boosters.Â Tickest are $1 each or six for $5 and are available from Booster Club members. Â There will also be a car wash and bake sale on the premises on Saturday.
In addition to raising much-needed revenue for high school extracurricular activities, the program gives participants the chance to experience Ford Motor Companyâ€™s exciting new vehicles and leading safety technologies, including.
- MyKeyâ„˘, a system that allows parents to limit a vehicleâ€™s top speed and audio volume to encourage safe driving behavior in teens;
- SYNCÂ®, the fully integrated, in-vehicle voice-activated communications and entertainment system, updated with a â€śDo Not Disturbâ€ť button to block incoming calls and text messages and improved text message read-back capabilities so drivers can keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel;
- Blind Spot Information System (BLISâ„˘) with cross traffic alert, which uses radar to check the blind spot and helps notify the driver of approaching traffic when backing out of a parking spot; and,
- ActiveParkAssist, a technology that helps drivers position the vehicle for parallel parking and then steer it into a parking spot without touching the steering wheel.
- SmartGaugeâ„˘ with EcoGuide is a unique instrument cluster designed to give hybrid owners a more connected driving experience by coaching them to further maximize the fuel efficiency of their hybrid vehicle.