05/18/11 Oliver Ford is bringing Ford Motor Company’s innovative Drive One 4 UR School program to the Plymouth community in an effort to raise up to $6,000 for Plymouth High School For every person who test-drives a Ford or Lincoln vehicle at the parking lot at Plymouth High School on Saturday, May 21st, Oliver Ford and Ford Motor Company will donate $20 to PHS Music Boosters.
“We know how important extracurricular activities are to our high school students, and as part of this community, we want to help,” said Jennifer Oliver Houin at Oliver Ford. This is why we’re excited to raise money for the PHS Music Boosters, while introducing parents, teenagers and other drivers to our high-quality lineup and innovative safety technologies.” The event, which will be held from 9AM to 2PM, will feature the Ford Explorer, Focus, Fiesta, Edge, F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKX, MKZ, MKT and other available models
Since the start of Ford’s Drive One 4 UR School program in 2007, more than 275,000 test-drives at more than 1,500 events have generated over $5 million in donations for high schools nationwide. Locally, Oliver Ford has participated in Ford’s Drive One 4 UR School program for 5 years and raised over $30,000 for Plymouth High School
This year, the Olivers have also donated an IPad for the Boosters to raffle off to raise even more money for the Boosters. Tickest are $1 each or six for $5 and are available from Booster Club members. There will also be a car wash and bake sale on the premises on Saturday.
In addition to raising much-needed revenue for high school extracurricular activities, the program gives participants the chance to experience Ford Motor Company’s exciting new vehicles and leading safety technologies, including.
- MyKey™, a system that allows parents to limit a vehicle’s top speed and audio volume to encourage safe driving behavior in teens;
- SYNC®, the fully integrated, in-vehicle voice-activated communications and entertainment system, updated with a “Do Not Disturb” button to block incoming calls and text messages and improved text message read-back capabilities so drivers can keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel;
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS™) with cross traffic alert, which uses radar to check the blind spot and helps notify the driver of approaching traffic when backing out of a parking spot; and,
- ActiveParkAssist, a technology that helps drivers position the vehicle for parallel parking and then steer it into a parking spot without touching the steering wheel.
- SmartGauge™ with EcoGuide is a unique instrument cluster designed to give hybrid owners a more connected driving experience by coaching them to further maximize the fuel efficiency of their hybrid vehicle.