06/07/11 A Re-dedication Service for the Jacoby Church is planned for 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 12. The Maxinkuckee Singers will provide vocals and Bob Read will talk on the history of the church. The public is welcome to attend and refreshments will be served. The church is located on King Road, one mile north of U.S. 30.
The Wythougan Valley Preservation Council leases the structure and organized the restoration of the building in 2007 and 2008. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the small white church was built as St. John’s German Reformed Church with a community dedication on June 9, 1861. While no religious congregation has been housed in the structure since the 1960’s when Sunrise Chapel was built, the church is now used for special programs.