06/01/11 Indiana State Police Sergeant Chad Larsh has announced that the state police will be conducting a sobriety checkpoint in Kosciusko County. The checkpoint will start during the evening hours of Thursday, June 2, 2011 and end during the early morning hours of Friday, June 3.
Motorists are encouraged to have their driver’s license and vehicle registration ready when entering the checkpoint in order to minimize delay time. Motorists can expect short delays of only two to three minutes.
Before and after the checkpoints, officers will conduct roving saturation patrols aggressively seeking impaired drivers.
A FEW PRECAUTIONS:
- Plan ahead and always choose someone to be the designated driver.
- Don’t get behind the wheel of a vehicle if you’ve been consuming alcoholic beverages.
- If you are impaired, please call a taxi or call a sober friend or family member to come and get you.
- If you are hosting a party, always offer alcohol-free beverages, and make sure that all of your guests leave with a sober driver.
- Remember, Friends Don’t Let Friends Drive Drunk. Take the keys and never let a friend leave your sight if you think that they are about to drive while impaired.