19 year old Danny Rose of Plymouth had stopped in the convenience store and when pulled back from the building his Ford Mustang died. When he attempted to restart the vehicle flames shot out from under the hood of the vehicle.
A quick thinking passerby who was familiar with the operation of a fire extinguisher was able to douse the flames. When police and fire arrived on the scene the mustang was still smoking but the fire was contained to under the hood.
Chief Rod Miller said it appeared that the fire was electrical in nature.
The unfortunate part of the fire was that Mr. Rose had just purchased the car on Monday.