Contest winners will have their winning photographs framed and featured in the Offices of the Lt. Governor’s Family of Business in Indianapolis. They’ll also be the special guests of ISDA at this year’s Indiana State Fair, where they will be recognized at the Celebration of Agriculture event.
“I enjoy these photos because they reflect the strong community pride within Indiana agriculture,” said Lt. Governor Sue Ellspermann, secretary of agriculture and rural
development. “Documenting the hard work and dedication of our Hoosier farmers in photos will forever capture their contributions to others, and I look forward to this year’s contest.
The winning photos will also be featured the 2014 Hoosier Ag Today calendar, a joint project of ISDA, Hoosier Ag Today and Indiana Farm Bureau. For this reason participants are encouraged to submit photos that are reflective of our changing seasons.
Both horizontal and vertical photos are welcome that capture a wide variety of all agriculture sectors, including but not limited to livestock, specialty crops, cover crops and renewable fuels.
- Conservation: landscape, water and wildlife
- Agritourism: destination agriculture, including products from orchards, wineries, and flower gardens
- Faces of Agriculture: photos featuring people engaged in the activities of daily farm life and/or giving non-ag audiences a deeper understanding of Indiana agriculture
- On the Farm: buildings, animals and equipment
- A Calendar Cover award will be given for the photo chosen to be featured on the front of the 2014 Indiana Agriculture Calendar.
Official rules, eligibility requirements and the contest entry form are available on the ISDA website.