Member Login

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Argos Family Loses Everything in House Fire

November 27, 2013
By

  12/02/13 Argos Firemen were called to the scene of a house fire in the pre-dawn hours on Wednesday.

Argos Fireman battled a blaze on South Maple Street in the town that saw the roof fully engulfed. The house and its contents were a total loss from the fire.

“The fire appears to have started upstairs and also appears to be electrical in nature,” said Argos Fire Chief Mark Dean. “We think it started in a switch.”

“Anything upstairs was a total loss, downstairs there was a lot of water damage,” said Dean. “Damage total is likely around $60,000 on the house and another $20,000 in contents.”

Nobody was injured in the blaze. Plymouth Fire Fighters assisted Argos on the call.

Community members around the county have begun collecting items for the Milton family who lost their home. Everything in the home was a total loss.

Personal hygiene products are welcome as well as any clothing items, shoes, coats, hats, etc. in sizes 5 to 7 for a girl, and 32 to 34 and 28 to 30 for three boys.

Donations are being collected at the Argos Legion Hall and the home of Tracy Stockman 106 West South St. in Argos and in Plymouth at WTCA and Pilgrim Manor.

Provided by Rusty Nixon

WordPress Plugin Share Bookmark Email

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.