Â 02/06/13 Tuesday afternoon Mayor Mark Senter announced the launch of the cityâ€™s new website.Â Improvements to the cityâ€™s website were one of the Mayorâ€™s platforms for re-election and he had budgeted $8,000 for the project.
The new and improved website that was launched on February 1st.Â Working with DC Tech of Plymouth and Apheus Solutions of Argos, the website is a big improvement from what the city has had for the last ten years or so.Â Some of the changes visitors will see include the :
- New banner celebrating 140 years of Plymouthâ€™s existence with a present photo of downtown Plymouth and a photo of years ago
- A new Calendar of Events announcing the various city meetings such as Common Council, Board of Aviation Commissioners, Park & Recreation and others
- Six tabs of Home, Departments, Public Safety, Government, Community and Doing Business
- A Community Links Page with links to numerous community websites such as the Chamber of Commerce, the Plymouth Community School Corporation and Heartland Artists
- A Service Request Section for items such as Pothole Repair, Street Lights Out and Grass Complaints
- Citizens will still be able to pay their utility bills on line and read the City Ordinances and Zoning Regulations
- There are also numerous forms such as a building permit application and Board of Public Works & Safety requests under the Forms and Applications Tab
- Emergency banners will be installed in case of a boil order, evacuation, etc.
One change that is very important to city leaders is that each city department head will now have control over their respective page.Â They can make changes as needed on their page.
The website address is the same as the old one:Â www.plymouthin.com.