Member Login

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Plymouth Police Arrest 3 at Fatal Fire for Illegal Consumption

September 23, 2013

  09/24/13 A 9-1-1 call Sunday morning sent Plymouth police and fire to 459 Alexander Street for a fully engulfed house fire.  That fire claimed the life of 21 year old Anthony Q. Johnson of Walkerton.  It also sent three young men to jail. 

  Plymouth Officer Wally Derifield responded to the home at 5:22 a.m. and arrested 20 year old Hayden Meade who resided at the Alexander Street residence.  He was taken into custody for illegal consumption of alcohol.

  Also arrested were 19 year old Auston Masson of Plymouth and

  18 year old Bradon Layne of Lakeville for illegal consumption of alcohol charges. 


All three subjects were transported to the Marshall County Jail and each held on a $255 cash bond.  Later Sunday afternoon Hayden Meade and Brandon Layne were released after posting bond and will appear in Marshall Superior Court II on October 15th.  

Tags: , , , ,

4 Responses to “ Plymouth Police Arrest 3 at Fatal Fire for Illegal Consumption ”

  1. sbmear on September 27, 2013 at 2:03 pm

    I feel for all involved here. I am very sorry someone lost their life in the fire…bUT if they all had abided by the law maybe they all could have gotten out with out any burns or someone dying. The young boys did wrong, and they need to acknowledge what they did was wrong and then they can move on with their lives. It is a hard lesson learned, please don’t make excuses for their actions.

  2. michelel on September 25, 2013 at 11:06 pm

    Not to mention taking these guys into custody and not getting them the medical treatment needed; one suffered burns and the other injuries to his hand and leg.

  3. michelel on September 25, 2013 at 11:03 pm

    On another note, these individuals were not arrested until going down to the police station to again help them with their investigation and while there another officer released information in front of them that should not have been released until they notified next of kin – so they had to find something wrong so they didn’t get the blame! Pathetic!!!!

  4. michelel on September 25, 2013 at 10:55 pm

    How awful you would post these pictures of Young Men while in their time of grief, illegal or not the consumption of alcohol had nothing to do with this; if you would investigate further you would see that there was an electrical issue and one of the above actually suffered injuries breaking the door open to save the ones sleeping inside. He actually is going through a very hard time that he didn’t find his friend through all the thick smoke and screams from the others involved. Would you the ones responsible for posting these photos even have half the bravery to rush into a burning building and save lives? You are pathetic and should gets that facts straight before harming young men with your postings!!!