05/24/13 A public Open House will be held at the Jacoby Church this Saturday, May 25 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Members of the Wythougan Valley Preservation Council will be on hand to answer questions about the 150 year history of the former St. John’s Reformed Church.
The congregation was started by the Jacoby family when they moved here from Ohio. The structure was built in 1860 on John Jacoby’s farm. Kurt Garner, President of the Wythougan Valley Preservation Council will be on hand to talk about the history of the church and the restoration process. Cliff Berger will be playing the 100 year old piano and Teressa Welborn will do a cemetery walk explaining grave marker symbols. In observance of Memorial Day, the graves of the Civil War Veterans will be marked.
Jacoby Church is located about a mile north of U.S. 30 on King Road. This historic landmark is an on-going project of WVPC, a Marshall County organization involved in the preservation of local landmarks.
The Open House is free, but donations for the upkeep are always welcome.