Member Login

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Spontaneous Combustion Cause of Fire at Dairy Farm

January 8, 2013
By

01/09/13 The Plymouth Fire Department was called to Homestead Dairy on 13th Road Monday night about 10:10 after workers called 9-1-1 and reported that hay in a barn on the property was on fire.

  Employees on Houin’s farm were already using a loader to pull the burning hay from the steel, 3-sided structure on the west side of the farm compound as firefighters arrived.

  Plymouth Fire Chief Rod Miller said the fire was started by spontaneous combustion.  Because of the quick action of the employees there was only minor damage to the building.

No injuries were reported and firefighters were back at the firehouse by midnight.

WordPress Plugin Share Bookmark Email