03/17/14 The Indiana General Assembly concluded the 2014 legislative session last week.
Lawmakers advanced policies that encourage job growth, maintain Indiana’s fiscal stability and support Hoosiers across the state. State Senator Randy Head said, “Here are some of the noteworthy bills passed this session”:
- SB 1: Includes a combination of tax cuts that builds on Indiana’s pro-growth, pro-jobs tax climate to make the state even more attractive to employers.
- SB 91: Requires the State Board of Education to void the Common Core education standards and approve new Indiana-specific standards.
- HB 1006: Refines last year’s criminal sentencing changes and supports local treatment and rehabilitation for low-level, non-violent offenders.
- SB 331: Establishes the Second Service for Veterans Program to attract students who are veterans to the teaching profession.
- HB 1062: Allows school corporations that have lost at least 10 percent of their transportation fund levies due to circuit breakers to use money from other funds to pay for transportation through 2016.
Senator Randy Head said, “Although this year’s legislative session has come to a close, I welcome your input on issues important to you and your family.”