Member Login

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Basement Fire Sends Homeowner to Hospital with Minor Burns

January 28, 2014
By

  01/29/14 Plymouth Fire and EMS responded to a fire call Tuesday morning at 10:53.  The call was for a fire in the basement of the home at 108 North Liberty Street, a home occupied and owned by Rob and Tabatha Jones.  The 9-1-1 call also indicated that Mr. Jones had been burned while trying to extinguish the small fire.

When Chief Rod Miller arrived on scene nothing was showing but within seconds smoke started rolling out a basement window.  Fire fighters took a smaller hand-line through the front door and down to the basement were they used a small amount of water to extinguish the fire. 

  The fire was started as Mr. Jones was using a torch to thaw some frozen pipes in the basement and some combustible material caught fire. 

The fire was ruled accidental and no firefighters sustained any injuries. 

  The homeowner was transported to Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center in Plymouth with minor burn injuries to his arms by personal vehicle.  He was treated and released. 

Fire Chief Rod Miller estimated damage to the home at $5,000-to $10,000 and said damage was confined to the basement with smoke and minor fire damage. 

 

WordPress Plugin Share Bookmark Email