BERNINA of America, the premier manufacturer of sewing, embroidery and quilting machines, is pleased to announce that The Cotton Corner, a BERNINA Dealer in Shipshewana, Ind., will give away a BERNINA 215 (B 215) during the Shipshewana Quilt Festival. The Dealer is also supporting two daylong workshops and a series of demonstrations during the quilt festival, which takes place Wednesday, June 25 through Saturday, June 28.
The Cotton Corner will provide B 560 machines for the workshops, which are appropriate for all skill levels. They will be held June 26 and June 27 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Farmstead Inn & Conference Center, located at 370 S. Van Buren St. (SR5). The cost is $85 and participants are required to bring their own quilting supplies. To register, call (260)768-7393 or stop in The Cotton Corner, 350 S. Van Buren St. The following subjects will be covered:
• “Mini Lucky Star Table Runner” with Vanessa Christenson, June 26. Attendees will use a nine-patch pattern and triangles sewn at angles to create a beautiful Mini Lucky Star Table Runner.
• “Twisted Sisters” with Ami Simms, June 27. Attendees will experiment with light and dark fabrics by stitching them together, then creating twisted pinwheel-type blocks.
The Cotton Corner will also spotlight the BERNINA 750 QE (B 750 QE), BERNINA 550 (B 550), BERNINA 560 (B 560) and BERNINA 350 (B 350) at the quilt festival’s Quilt & Vendor Show, located inside the Shipshewana Event Center, 760 S. Van Buren St.
Anyone visiting the Cotton Corner’s store during the quilt festival will be entered into a drawing to win a B 215. The drawing will take place Saturday, June 28 at 4:00 p.m. at The Cotton Corner. The winner need not be present to claim their prize. On June 27, the Dealer will also have giveaways every two hours. In addition, The Cotton Corner will host a series of free demonstrations at its store:
• Vanessa Christenson will demonstrate her pleated pillow pattern on BERNINA machines. June 25, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Karen Eckmeier will sign copies of her latest book, “Wearable Waves,” and her prize-winning quilt, “Random Roses,” will be on display. June 26, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Ami Simms will demonstrate how to make fabric bowls using strips of scrap fabric and clothes line. June 26, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
• Vanessa Christenson will demonstrate her creative spin on a Double Pointed Dresden Plate. June 27, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Cheryl Menzel will demonstrate how to create a unique fabric postcard that can be sent in the mail. June 27, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
The Shipshewana Quilt Festival, held annually in the heart of Amish Country, is the region’s largest event of its kind, featuring a Quilt & Vendor Show, workshops and lectures by nationally known quilters, a schoolhouse, and more. The Quilt & Vendor Show features many different vendors from around the Midwest providing the newest and best quilting items. Admission to the Quilt & Vendor Show is $8 per day or $12 for the entire event. Children ages 10 and under are free with paid admission. Other activities are available at different costs. For more information, please visit http://www.shipshewanaquiltfest.com/.
The Cotton Corner is an authorized BERNINA Dealer providing top-quality service to area residents. The Dealer sells BERNINA sewing machines and software, and provides a variety of sewing, embroidery and quilting classes for people of all skill levels. The Cotton Corner also offers a free Sewing Club each month to introduce customers to the latest and greatest sewing notions and supplies in action. For more information, please visit www.thecottoncorner.com/.
Founded in Switzerland more than 100 years ago, BERNINA is the world’s premier manufacturer with a proven reputation for offering state-of-the-art sewing and embroidery systems, sergers and embroidery software. BERNINA’s leadership is marked by an impressive number of industry leaders, influencers and artisans who chose to partner with the company. BERNINA products are sold in the United States through a network of approximately 450 fully trained independent dealerships. In 2008, the company introduced the revolutionary BERNINA 830, a machine designed to change the home sewing industry. To learn more and to find a dealer, visit www.bernina.com or call (630)978-2500.