03/24/14 Earlier this month the Board of Public Works and Safety and the Plymouth Redevelopment Commission approved agreements between their boards and USI Consultants for the installation of underground conduit infrastructure in the City’s right-of-way for the Metronet project.
Conduit will be installed on Michigan Street, Oak Hill Avenue, Commerce Street, Pioneer Drive, Oak drive, Western Avenue, Hoham Drive, Jefferson Street, Center, Washington, Webster, Mansfield, Ledyard and LaPorte Streets along with Lake Avenue and Pidco Drive. The conduit will cross under three rail road crossings: on Oakhill Avenue west of Rose, Jefferson Street west of First Street and Oak Road south of US 30.
Various City Department Superintendents have reviewed the project and approve the installation with several stipulations:
1. Construction manager and inspector will contact the City Engineer 5 days prior to the beginning of work.
2. The contractor is responsible for utility locates.
3. The contractor or their rep will “pot hole” all City of Plymouth utility crossings to the proper depth of the proposed bore.
4. All damage by construction manager/inspector, contractor or their reps to city infrastructure shall be repaired by them.
5. It will be the contractor’s responsibility for traffic control.
6. Upon completion the City Engineer will have final department inspections.