Students at Riverside Intermediate School put their fire drill practice to work today when a smoke detector in one of the hallways went off. Staff and students evacuated the building as firefighters from the Plymouth Fire Department responded to the scene.
Within a short period of time it was determined that the smoke detector had malfunctioned and the all clear was given.
Just before a fire alarm was pulled at Plymouth High School and students began evacuations procedures. Within minutes it was discovered that it was a false alarm and students were sent back to their classrooms.