Member Login

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Home a Total Loss after Fire

January 20, 2014
By

  01/21/14 A house fire Monday morning on Lincoln Highway west of Plymouth has been ruled accidental. 

Just before 10 a.m. a 9-1-1 call sent the Plymouth Fire Department to 15980 Lincoln Highway, to a rental house owned by Paul Costello.

  The single story ranch style home had thick smoke and flames shooting from the back of it when Fire Chief Rod Miller arrived on the scene. 

Fire fighters from Plymouth immediately started battling the blaze and Polk Township assisted with manpower and a tanker.  The fire was under-control in about 30 minutes and crews were on the scene for about two hours. 

Fire Chief Rod Miller and Fire Investigator John Pasley conducted an investigation and determined the blaze started near a water heater in a utility closet at the rear of the home.  The Chief said combustible material near the water heater ignited.

The renters were at home at the time of the fire and were able to evacuate the structure without injury.   The family’s pet dog was not so fortunate.  No injuries were reported by the fire departments. 

The estimated value of loss was set at $60,000.

Marshall County Police assisted at the scene.

The American Red Cross is providing assistance to the family.

WordPress Plugin Share Bookmark Email

Tags: