* Wind chills â€“ 15 below to 25 below
* Snow accumulation â€“ Additional 1 to 2 inches,
* Wind chills â€“ 15 below to 25 below in the morning
* Wind gusts â€“ to 30 to 40 mph in the afternoon
* Blowing/drifting snow in the afternoon, especially open/rural areas.
Friday night/early Saturday
* Snow accumulation – 2 to 3 inches
* Blowing and drifting snow with west winds 15 to 25 mph, gusting to 30 mph.
Late Saturday night/Sunday
* Snow accumulation – 2 to 5 inches possible.
* Some blowing and drifting
* Wind chills – 15 below to 25 below
* Increased threat of Â snow showers.
These conditions continue to be the most severe we have seen in our area in over two decades. If you must be outdoors, make sure to cover your head, face and mouth, and wear a water-resistant coat and snow boots. Prolonged exposure to the cold can cause life-threatening health conditions.
Please routinely check on elderly relatives, friends and neighbors to make sure they are staying warm and safe.
If you must travel, be sure to make someone else aware of your travel plans and route of travel and let them know when you arrive at your destination. If you have a cell phone, keep it charged and with you at all times. Keep your gas tank full and carry extra supplies like blankets, sleeping bag, shovel, salt/sand and an emergency kit.
For full details, view this message on the web.