A contractor working for INDOT hit a gas line causing the leak.
Because of the nature of the gas leak, the Bremen Electric Department had to shut off the electric in the evacuation area.
A shelter was set up at the Bremen Town Hall and citizens were encouraged to attend the Bremen Firemen’s Festival since they couldn’t be at home. The festival was operational because they use generators to operate.
The evacuation was lifted about 7 although many homes in the area had the odor of gas and had to be aired out by the homeowners.