Member Login

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Morning Fire at Garden Court Apartment on Pennsylvania Avenue

February 28, 2021
By

fire_Garden Court Pennsylvania 2-28-21The Plymouth Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched at 7:20 Sunday morning to the Garden Court apartments at the corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and Liberty Street for a structure fire.

As firefighters arrived on the scene flame were shooting from the 4-apartment structure on the north side of the complex.  Firefighters battled the blaze for some time before bringing it under control.

Fire Chief Rod Miller said the fire started in the bedroom area and spread throughout the apartment.  The apartment sustained heavy fire damage and the other three apartments in the building suffered smoke and water damage.  Chief Miller said the entire structure sustained heavy damage.

No firefighters were injured although one resident was transported to the Plymouth Hospital as a precaution with minor burns to their feet.

The cause of the fire was listed as accidental.  An ash tray fell on the floor and the cigarette that was still burning is believed to have caused the fire.

 

Photo was provided by Hurshel Hunter.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.